Installation / Removal > Toshiba - Installation/Removal

Gigabeatfx wiki page original firmware requirements

(1/2) > >>

rosco_pc:
I saw that the requirements got updated to point out that the 3.03US original firmware is needed. I can confirm that 1.06JP also works after the changes made on the 13th.

sloth:
I hope that all versions will now work, so if anyone cannot get the new bootloader/new rockbox to work with their firmware, please let me know.

zeebyrd:
My firmware on my F40 is 3.000 US.  I followed the instructions for installation very closely.  All I got was a DOS-like screen that said Rockbox was loading, but the screen blacked out unless I held the power button on.  

There were three text options - to go back to original (or was it previous) kernel, to go into safe mode, to go back to original firmware.  The only option that I could get to work was to go back to original firmware.  

The only thing I could not find was the fonts.zip file.  I assumed it was in the rockbox-gigabeatf-20070117.zip .  So, the only thing I did not do was upload the fonts.zip file.  Could this have caused my problem?

Update:  I just found rockbox-fonts-20070117.zip - is this the fonts.zip file that is referred to in the installation instructions?

So, I'm back to the Gigabeat original firmware - everything seems to be working fine.  I'd rather have Rockbox.  Does it work with version 3.000 US?

mgl888:
yes it does work. I had that firmware as well before I switched to rockbox.

are you sure you have the latest bootloader installed?
And yes, thats the font file you need to get, but without it, rockbox should still load.

mgl888:
By the way, to the developers, I thought the latest firmware version is 3.000US. Does 3.03 exist at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version