Installation / Removal > Toshiba - Installation/Removal

FWIMG01.DAT

(1/6) > >>

crunkasaurus:
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question or something, I'm not particularly good with computers but I'm really interested in trying this firmware out.

I've been reading the guide to installing Rockbox onto the Gigabeat F (I personally have an F40 if that makes any difference) and I'm up to the point of extracting the .rockbox folder and the rockbox.gigabeat file to the Gigabeat's drive (although I deleted the rockbox.gigabeat file as per the uninstall instructions at the end of the guide because I hit the roadblock, so to speak, that I'll discuss ahead and I wanted to make sure the Toshiba firmware would load up normally until i got the RB firmware installed.)

Anyway, the guide describes a folder called FWIMG which is hidden on the gigabeat's drive. It also indicates that this folder contains a file called FWIMG01.DAT. However, when I access this folder manually through windows explorer (E:\GBSYSTEM\FWIMG) the folder does not contain the FWIMG01.DAT file. It contains no visible files at all, in fact. So my question is, is the file itself hidden somehow, and if so how do I make it visible / available to be edited? Secondly, if I for some strange reason do not have the file on my gigabeat drive (which seems unlikely considering that the file is probably necessary for the F40 to work) how would I go about going around this problem?

Thanks for reading and for any help you might be able to provide. Sorry again if I've made some amateurish mistake and wasted your time  :D

Llorean:
Try making sure that your computer is set to display both Hidden and System files.

In Explorer: Tools-> Folder Options, choose the View tab, and make sure the appropriate options are set.

crunkasaurus:
Bingo, that was it. Thanks. Another small question: the guide says that I need to write my own bootloader, but then immediately after it says that there is a link to a directory where I can download a FWIMG01 file. Is this the bootloader I need, or do I still need to create my own?

Thanks again for your help, Llorean.

Llorean:
The one linked will work.

crunkasaurus:

--- Quote from: Llorean on January 07, 2007, 11:32:06 PM ---The one linked will work.

--- End quote ---
Hm, I tried it and the regular Toshiba firmware loaded. I did everything correctly according to the guide as far as I can tell and used the latest daily build. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version