Rockbox Development > Starting Development and Compiling

compiling rockbox error

(1/2) > >>

shanepardue:
i'm having a hard time compilling..i couldn't find the "arm-elf-gcc" anywhere. i did find an old version of it and this is my output from "make"

/build$ make
make[1]: `rdf2binary' is up to date.
make[1]: `convbdf' is up to date.
make[1]: `scramble' is up to date.
make[1]: `ipod_fw' is up to date.
make[1]: `bmp2rb' is up to date.
make[1]: `codepages' is up to date.
cpp0: config.h: No such file or directory
CONVBDF
Header parsed
CC sysfont.c
cc1: Invalid option `long-calls'
make[1]: *** [/media/ipod/build/firmware/sysfont.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Bagder:
You should use arm-elf-gcc version 4.0.x

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: shanepardue on September 02, 2006, 11:42:37 PM ---i'm having a hard time compilling..i couldn't find the "arm-elf-gcc" anywhere.
--- End quote ---
Where did you search? You can find gcc on its homepage. Most probably you'll need to build it yourself. To help with this there is a script in the tools/ directory called "rockboxdev.sh" which sets up the compiler environment for you. Also, there is a wiki page that describes how to setup your build environment.

madsic:

--- Quote from: bluebrother on September 03, 2006, 04:12:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: shanepardue on September 02, 2006, 11:42:37 PM ---i'm having a hard time compilling..i couldn't find the "arm-elf-gcc" anywhere.
--- End quote ---
Where did you search? You can find gcc on its homepage. Most probably you'll need to build it yourself. To help with this there is a script in the tools/ directory called "rockboxdev.sh" which sets up the compiler environment for you. Also, there is a wiki page that describes how to setup your build environment.

--- End quote ---

Uhm could you link to that wiki becuase I cant find it (unless you are referrring to the cygwin page which I suppose is useless when you're on ubuntu as me...?)

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in another thread.

LinusN:
[sarcasm]
There is this wonderful section on the rockbox home page, called "documentation". There, under "For developers" (surprisingly), you can find a link called "First-time guide to Rockbox development". It's actually the first link in that section.
[/sarcasm]
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version