Rockbox Development > New Ports

Rockbox for Java (mobile phones)?

(1/7) > >>

RowaN:
Is it possible to port rockbox to java? Theres lots of java supporting mobile phones that support high capacity microSD cards.. rockbox on my phone would be heaven! But I guess different java ports would be needed for each model of phone due to differences in hardware?

Sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Febs:
I'm trying to imagine how this would work, considering that Rockbox is complete replacement firmware and doesn't offer features like, say, telephone functions.

RowaN:
I was thinking it could run as a stand alone java application, as other applications do on phones. I don't expect rockbox to replace the entire phone firmware! Maybe that sounds ludicrus .. I'm not very technical, despite my job title. I just get the feeling that the devs behind commercial devices such as phones have no interest in ever implementing seemingly simple features like replaygain.. rockbox is our only hope.

mnhnhyouh:
I think that stand alone DAPS will go the way of wax records as phones become even more multi-function and get larger storage.

It may be that Rockbox will either need to adapt to this situation, or follow them to extinction...

h

ryran:
riiiiiiight...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version