Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

m3u playlist import help

<< < (2/2)

omendelovitz:

--- Quote from: Llorean on August 19, 2006, 09:02:13 PM ---Well, just move the music over in a way preserving the directory structure. That's not too hard to do, is it?

I mean it's somewhat unreasonable to expect Rockbox to be able to arbitrarily find music that you've moved in relation to the playlist. I dont' even know of PC players that'll do that.

--- End quote ---

Look, I meant no disrespect to anyone over this particular issue.  I just find it odd that when looking under the id3 tags, that rockbox can't also pick up the playlist structure via the metadata... the problem with moving music over and retaining its structure as on my PC is that Apple OS doesn't recognize the format and won't play it - this becomes a problem if I ever want to use apple os for whatever reason.

bascule:

--- Quote from: omendelovitz on August 20, 2006, 09:01:27 AM ---...I just find it odd that when looking under the id3 tags, that rockbox can't also pick up the playlist structure via the metadata...
--- End quote ---

But playlists (of the .m3u variety at least) use filename and path information, not metadata in their structure. Open one up and have a look...

omendelovitz:
you're absolutely right.  I've been using PC jukeboxes and I've forgotten that as part of DAP sync's,  they alter the playlists to match the DAP directory.  Once I commit to Rockbox completely, I'll look at synching to Rockbox's setup instead of Apple OS'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version