Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

some suggestions and questions

(1/1)

iluvrockbox:
hi. im currently usng Rockbox on my H340 and its just simply awesome! thnaks everyone who made it!!!!! and thanks to those who keep it running!!

i was wondering this simple question and a help question and a suggestion.

1. i have a 2200 mAh battery installed on my H340. im wondering, would a black background with white fonts save battery life compared to say a bright background, like white, yellow etc. and dark text?? or would they stil take the same amount of battery life from the player? (not that it would be much anyway)

2. im not sure if this is a bug with the newest KOSH builds, but before i installed this build, i was able to select a song, then while it was playing, browse my folders then if i didnt select anything and go back to the WPS, all i had to do was press the LEFT key a few times. but now when i press the LEFT key, it wont go back to the WPS even though the song is still playing. it WILL go back though if i select another song from the files

any ideas?

3. my suggestion, for the people who work on Rockbox, when i try to "Rename" a song. i must hold the NAVI key and the LEFT key at the same time to skim through the title to get to the beginning of the song. is it possible to change the LEFT key with a different one? say PLAY or STOP?? also, the same applies when doing the opposite, changing the RIGHT key with RECORD or A-B ?? having awkward and big hands, its hard to press the LEFT or RIGHT key and the NAVI at the same time. but if the key was over more, there would be more space to operate. i hope you understand my explanation.
can this be done?

thanks a lot!

Llorean:
1) Same amount. The light is on at the same intensity either way. It's like shining a flashlight through a big hole or a small hole. The flashlight's just as bright either way.

2) Don't report problems with unofficial builds here. ONLY problems with builds downloaded from the rockbox.org daily or CVS builds page. The left key never has, and likely never will, go to WPS in toe official version.

3) I thought the keymapping was Play + L/R, though I only have an H100, I didn't know it was different on H300. Most combinations though, are the only one possible because of hardware limitations (only certain keys can be combined with others).

iluvrockbox:
oh, sorry! youre right. when renaming a song it is PLAY + LEFT or RIGHT key

so this is impossible to change? please say its possible!!

also

will some WPS drain the battery more than others? i see some WPS have more features over others like flashing icons etc.

Llorean:
I'm about 95% sure it's impossible to combine any key but Play, so you can have Play + Anything else, but you can't combine other keys.

And yes, some WPSes will drain the battery slightly faster than others, as they take more work to update the screen.

iluvrockbox:

--- Quote from: Llorean on August 16, 2006, 10:38:28 PM ---I'm about 95% sure it's impossible to combine any key but Play, so you can have Play + Anything else, but you can't combine other keys.

And yes, some WPSes will drain the battery slightly faster than others, as they take more work to update the screen.

--- End quote ---

ok thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version