Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

Have you read the Rockbox Manual?

<< < (26/27) > >>

Neil Parks:

--- Quote from: BrianW on January 31, 2014, 08:03:27 AM ---I did read the installation part of the manual before I loaded Rockbox onto my Sansa Clip Zip.
I used the automated process (why not?) and all was going well until I saw the pop-up about requiring the original Sandisk firmware (bin file). I aborted the install, worked out what to do and then started again with a successful result. I was surprised that the need to pre-download the Sansa firmware was not covered in the automated install instructions as far as I could see. Could the manual be updated to reflect this, or if it is there, make it clearer? Sorry if this is not the right place to make this comment but I couldn't see where else to suggest changes to the manual.
Thanks.

--- End quote ---
I had the same situation installing onto a Clip+.

fennectech:
nope i never read the manual  allways knew it was there so if i have a problem i keep it around  but havent really read it

spudmachine:
Hello,
I am new to the whole Rockbox thing, but I just ordered an AGPtek Rocker as it seems to offer the "next step up" from budget MP3 players.  I ordered a pair of SoundMAGIC ES20s to go with it.

So my understanding is that this AGPtek unit is the "official" Rockbox hardware, but you don't seem to have a manual for it?  At least, it doesn;t seem to be listed on the manual page as far as I can see.

So, in answer to the question at the top of this thread...I will read the manual if you provide one :-)

BTW, if this thing is any good I may put together a basic video review on YouTube.  There doesn't seem to be one at the moment.

Cheers,
SPuD

Bilgus:

--- Quote from: spudmachine on October 31, 2017, 04:08:12 PM ---"official" Rockbox hardware

--- End quote ---

Where did you get a notion like that? We have (had?) a port in progress but as far as I know it is not any where near done

spudmachine:
I actually thought I saw it as an announcement on this forum, but when I tried to check the next day the forum was down, and it stayed down for several days until I lost interest.  The message I saw seemed to suggest that the Rocker was the "official platform" for Rockbox going forward.

That seemed to make sense to me because you can't really buy any MP3 players that support Rockbox now.

I now have the AGPtek Rocker and it's reasonably good.  The UI totally sucks, as do all of these low cost Chinese players (in fact they all seem to share the same, non-intuitive UI as the icons are identical).

Am I wrong, or is Rockbox just sort of "dying"?  (Note - I'm not trying to be rude with that question.  I appreciate this is an open source effort that's supported by enthusiasts).

I've never tried Rockbox (because I don't have any hardware capable of running it), but some people seem to like it.

Why not just approach AGPtek and try to get them to support it officially?  I would think it would be a major boost for their sales.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version