Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

Songs Re-buffering

(1/1)

kchuk:
Scenario: There is a directory that contains 10-30 some songs and they are larger than the player's buffer (meaning, it would need to access the disk every once in a while during playback of the entire folder).

Problem: If I load a song (each song is 4-5 mb), it then buffers the next song(s) and I can press next to play them without having the hard-drive spin-up.
BUT, if I were to press the NAVI button and select that same next song (which is already buffered) from the menu, then the HD will spin-up and re-buffer everything.

The songs are not shuffled and are played in sequential order. Also, I have directory cache turned on.

In short: a song that is already in the buffer, if selected from the file list, will flush the buffer entirely (I'm pretty sure) and cause it to re-buffer that song.

Is it possible to include a check to see if the song you select from the file/play list is already loaded into the buffer?

Bagder:

--- Quote from: kchuk on August 04, 2006, 05:31:35 PM ---Is it possible to include a check to see if the song you select from the file/play list is already loaded into the buffer?

--- End quote ---

Yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version