Installation / Removal > Cowon - Installation/Removal

The X5V has [not] become a brick?

(1/2) > >>

pawal:
I tried to follow these instructions for my X5V: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IaudioBoot

After putting the bootloader, and shutting of and inserting the power, the "automatic upgrade" didn't do anything (although it briefly said upgrading). Now when I try to start it, with long and short ONs (as suggested in some forums), or holding the record key, the same result appears when trying to load the firmware: -1.

What now?

Llorean:
Did you also extract a daily build to the root of your player?
-1 means it can't find Rockbox, that you've only installed the bootloader and not copied the software to the device.

Bagder:
... and even if the bootloader would've been totallt screwed up, you can still plugin USB, your charger and then mount it as UMS again and put a fine firmware image on it to upgrade to again.

pawal:

--- Quote from: Llorean on August 01, 2006, 02:21:21 PM ---Did you also extract a daily build to the root of your player?
-1 means it can't find Rockbox, that you've only installed the bootloader and not copied the software to the device.

--- End quote ---

No, I followed the instructions on that web page. Maybe a stupid thing to do...

pawal:

--- Quote from: Bagder on August 01, 2006, 02:23:22 PM ---... and even if the bootloader would've been totallt screwed up, you can still plugin USB, your charger and then mount it as UMS again and put a fine firmware image on it to upgrade to again.

--- End quote ---

Seems to be hard to do, as it shuts down immediatly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version