Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

Unable to install Lockbox utility on iPod Classic 5g

<< < (3/4) > >>

ctr1010:

--- Quote from: saratoga on May 30, 2023, 03:15:07 PM ---I think that should be ok. What happened when you tried?

--- End quote ---

I got the error message " could not find device name".  I am trying to one more time.

ctr1010:

--- Quote from: ctr1010 on May 30, 2023, 03:44:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: saratoga on May 30, 2023, 03:15:07 PM ---I think that should be ok. What happened when you tried?

--- End quote ---

I got the error message " could not find device name".  I am trying to one more time.

--- End quote ---

Just completed second try.  still no prompt for name.  after iPod reboot,, iTunes opened up with Welcome to Your new iPod.  option with continue or cancel.  last time I clicked continue and disconnect iPod.  then install rockbox on Mac.  this time I am going to click cancel then try rockbox installation on Mac.  will post result soon.

ctr1010:

--- Quote from: ctr1010 on May 30, 2023, 03:55:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Just completed second try.  still no prompt for name.  after iPod reboot,, iTunes opened up with Welcome to Your new iPod.  option with continue or cancel.  last time I clicked continue and disconnect iPod.  then install rockbox on Mac.  this time I am going to click cancel then try rockbox installation on Mac.  will post result soon.

--- End quote ---

I was able to install the main rockbox firmware but not the bootloader. When bootloader is checked, it failed with could not find device name.   When iPod is connected to Mac, it still shows Do not disconnect with red circle and cross bar.  waiting for your input.  thanks.

ctr1010:

--- Quote from: ctr1010 on May 30, 2023, 04:08:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: ctr1010 on May 30, 2023, 03:55:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I was able to install the main rockbox firmware but not the bootloader. When bootloader is checked, it failed with could not find device name.   When iPod is connected to Mac, it still shows Do not disconnect with red circle and cross bar.  waiting for your input.  thanks.

--- End quote ---

Fyi, I did installation experiments on Windows.  I was able to install both bootloader and Rockbox firmware.  Rockbox works when disconnect from computer.  But when connecting to computer, the screen show did show an image of usb connector, and nothing worked.  I will wait if you have any solution.  I restore iPod on Mac and sync music files to enjoy listening for time being.  Thanks for all your help. 

bluebrother:
How does "nothing worked" look like?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version