Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

iPod 6th gen Can't get it installed on Mac OS

(1/1)

McLemon:
I downloaded the latest version 1.5.1 but when it downloads it says its version 1.5.0 and tells me to update it. The link just wants me to download the same file again. It lets me go through the process of doing the install but always fails after it tells me to release the menu and select buttons. After it tells me to release those buttons I do immediately and the progress bar goes up a little and then it fails saying the iPod is no long in DFU mode. I am using an iPod classic 6th gen. I am on MacOS Ventura. one thing that does keep happening though when I hod down the menu and select buttons finder pops back up with the iPod and asks if I want to restore the iPod. That's when the install fails. Is this a MacOS problem and I should try on a windows computer or is it an iPod problem?

steamfan:
Hello,

I have the identical issue with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. Are there any hints how to solve this issue?

danamyx:
I am having the same issue. I tried numerous times and installed it manually but couldn't get this to work. Wanting my music back I reloaded everything from iTunes.
Interesting to note that RockBox is still resident in the iPod even though I re-formatted it before loading it and then again after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version