Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

Is it possible to import text into a .sbs file?

(1/2) > >>

iPodVT:
I have several iPods (don't ask...), and each has a unique name.  I would like to add a feature to my personal Rockbox theme that would display the iPod's unique name somewhere on the Main Menu screen.  But I don't want each iPod to have to have a unique customized .sbs file with the iPod's name hard-coded in it.  So I'm wondering if it's possible to import a piece of text into the .sbs file - maybe via some kind of "include file" type of mechanism - so that I can then just have a small unique text file on each iPod that contains only the iPod's name.  Is this possible, or does anyone have a suggestion for a different/better way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Frankenpod:
Don't know about a text file, but as a theme can load bitmaps, I suppose you could just hard-code the name as a bit map image (with the same name for the bitmap file on all of them) and have the SBS load that.

iPodVT:
Thanks very much for your reply and suggestion.

I actually considered that solution, but creating all of those bitmap files would be much more labor intensive than an equal number of text files.

Frankenpod:
How many iPods have you got!  (I have about 30 at this point, and that's how I'd do it if I wanted to do that...wouldn't be that hard to make a text file then take a screenshot of it and save and crop the bitmap, surely?  Don't think it would help for me as I tend to constantly switch themes anyway, though what I've occasionally thought would be handy is to have a different loading/RB splash screen for each of them...but the splash screen bitmap is hard-coded into RB, with good reason I guess)

I don't know then, maybe someone else will know of a way to display text.

rockbox_dev123:
Edit the English translation file to contain the iPod's name as a string, and then use:

--- Code: ---%Sx(iPodName)
--- End code ---
To display the "translation".

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version