Installation / Removal > Rockbox Utility

bricked ipod classic (6th or 7th gen?)

(1/1)

brickedclassic:
im absolutely terrified rn but i was just adding more music to my ipod, and when i removed the usb cable the screen turned white and says "*PANIC* / abandon ship! usb" at the top with numbers and stuff. no buttons are working. is it possible it happened because i removed it from my laptop too early after ejecting it? is there any way to fix this? my laptop wont detect it anymore either.
also im very sorry if this is the wrong place on the forum to be posting this im just so panicked about this.

bahus:
Just try to force restart it:
Put the Hold switch firmly in the unlocked position.
Press and hold the Menu and Center (or Select) buttons for 8 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo.

saratoga:
Bricked means that it doesn't turn on.  You have words on the screen, so it is turning on and it sounds like it just crashed.

brickedclassic:

--- Quote from: saratoga on February 01, 2023, 12:17:36 PM ---Bricked means that it doesn't turn on.  You have words on the screen, so it is turning on and it sounds like it just crashed.

--- End quote ---
omg i was so panicked about it, i was holding so many different button combos. i left it alone for a few hours and the battery died. anyways, it's completely fine now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version