Support and General Use > User Interface and Voice

Re: Sansa e280 V1 USB and Audio screeching issues

(1/1)

Braverman:
When connected to the PC to transfer files, it shuts down within about 3 minutes and crashes the transfer - have to take the card out - BUT when booted into the original firmware it stays on forever - I've got 2 e280's that exhibit this.

AND when playing, randomly it'll start screeching! gotta rip the ear pieces out - but if you/I tap the FF even a second it stops it and continues on, properly.
I've uninstalled Rockbox, re-formated the system (properly) so that it reloads the original firmware and then re-installed Rockbox, changed the USB HID to no, no change.

ANY ideas?

[Edited to split topics] --Bilgus

--- Quote from: johnb on December 19, 2022, 04:28:03 AM ---Which Rockbox version are you using?
Is it a E280 v1 or v2?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, forgot that:
The latest daily, but the USB problem has been constant for about 6 months of "updates"
e280 v1

johnb:
Which Rockbox version are you using?
Is it a E280 v1 or v2?

Bilgus:
there was a rewrite on the USB driver so likely it has an issue that needs fixed a separate post is a good idea --Topic Split

Braverman:

--- Quote from: Bilgus on December 19, 2022, 07:46:43 PM ---there was a rewrite on the USB driver so likely it has an issue that needs fixed a separate post is a good idea --Topic Split

--- End quote ---

Ok, I got the feeling i was the only one to have the problem - usually the way it plays.

The screeching is more of a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version