Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

Help understanding how to set up menu from a downloaded theme

(1/3) > >>

csjh:
Hello!
I recently have downloaded and have been using Rockbox themes for my Ipod video, and I'm having some difficulty trying to adjust the look of the "home" page after applying a theme. Specifically, I am using the Interpod theme http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=3225&target=ipodvideo.

It shows in the second image, that it's possible to get a simple looking page, similar to the one that the iPod normally comes with. Is ther a tutorial on how to declutter the initial screen, and make things like playlists, and videos (if downloaded to the player) easy to find?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search and nothing appeared.
Thanks!

Bilgus:
If you mean removing items from the main menu there is a plugin that does it
Plugins>Applications>main_menu_config

csjh:

--- Quote from: Bilgus on December 19, 2022, 07:55:10 PM ---If you mean removing items from the main menu there is a plugin that does it
Plugins>Applications>main_menu_config

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply! I was able to toggle some of the options off of the main menu, but I looking to find a way to really just keep the menu as simple as possible, like the screenshot below. Just Music, video, playlists, settings, and extra. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question..

chris_s:
In the screenshot, the language string for "Database" has been changed to "Music", "Playlist Catalogue"  to "Playlists" and "Shortcuts" to "Extras". It's trivial to edit this yourself but requires compiling your own build at the moment.

csjh:
Ahh, thanks for letting me know! As of right now, that's out of my breadth of knowledge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version