Support and General Use > Hardware

Searick MP3 Player

(1/1)

neptune134:
Many of you might have seen this DAP on eBay, and I've owned it for a couple years now.

Talk about the "butterface effect". The body, sleek design, and high quality metal contruction on ths mini device is better than any of even the most modern DAPs of the same size, however, the GUI is bafflingly retro and non-user friendly.

For those of you with programming skills, is there a simple way to backwards engineer the whole GUI, or better yet, remove the OS from it and swap it to something more usuable like Rockbox?

I suppose the same question would go for any other DAP with the same antiquated OS; how would one tap into the OS, and hack it and reprogram it to be more usuable? What programming language would be kep in knowing in order to do this? Do programs exist that would allow for a Visual Basic type build from the groung up?

saratoga:
See here for an overview: https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/NewPort

pmp4:

--- Quote from: neptune134 on December 13, 2022, 01:13:29 PM ---Many of you might have seen this DAP on eBay, and I've owned it for a couple years now.

Talk about the "butterface effect". The body, sleek design, and high quality metal contruction on ths mini device is better than any of even the most modern DAPs of the same size, however, the GUI is bafflingly retro and non-user friendly.

For those of you with programming skills, is there a simple way to backwards engineer the whole GUI, or better yet, remove the OS from it and swap it to something more usuable like Rockbox?

I suppose the same question would go for any other DAP with the same antiquated OS; how would one tap into the OS, and hack it and reprogram it to be more usuable? What programming language would be kep in knowing in order to do this? Do programs exist that would allow for a Visual Basic type build from the groung up?

--- End quote ---

To identify the hardware first thing is connect USB to a PC and see the vendor/product info (lsusb in linux, I dont know how to see this in Windows).

What is the price? And is it widely available to buy now or it's something old? I think those are importants questions to answer before try a new port.

There are some 2.5 inch players in aliexpress, I wonder if it's the same hardware. It would be nice have a port of a cheap 20$ 2.5 inch player.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003868026567.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version