Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

problem drawing scrolling list titles with %Lt

(1/2) > >>

iPodVT:
I have been working on modifications to the cabbiev2 theme for iPod Video and iPod Classic.  The latest mod I made was to make the text of list titles draw in the color blue.  It works great when a title's text length is short enough that it doesn't trigger horizontal scrolling.  But when it does need to scroll, the line evolves into a blue wash because the remnant of each scrolled position is not getting erased before the new scroll position is drawn.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  I assume it's a bug in my code - it seems unlikely to be a Rockbox bug as I assume others would have reported it and gotten it fixed a long time ago.  Here is my line of code:

V(5,12,-,15,-)%Vs(color, 76A2D0)%s%Lt

Am I leaving something out that needs to be there?

Thanks.

amachronic:
I think the "skinned lists" feature was never completely finished, and has a number of issues. Sounds like this is one of them.

Does scrolling work properly if you remove the %Vs tag?

EDIT: nevermind, I found the bug. Should be fixed in the latest development build. Let me know if it's still broken.

iPodVT:
Wow - that's great - thanks!
Before I saw your edit I did try it without the %Vs tag and scrolling worked properly.
I will report back after I try the latest development build.
Agan, thanks very much.

Frankenpod:
That sounds very similar (possibly the same underlying bug?) to the bug I encountered when venturing into the less-documented depths of the theme engine (with the not entirely-successfully experiment with using icons - I've kind of given up on that as encountered too many bugs).  A fully customised sub-menu seemed to lead to menu entries 'smearing' when scrolled in a way exactly as described here.  Perhaps this fix means that is also fixed?  The case of %Lt mentioned here seems like a much simpler way to reproduce the problem.

(Incidentally, the biggest problem with using icons for the menus turns out to be that when any subsequent change to rockbox changes the number or order of menu items, the icons get all out of sync, requiring a rewrite of the theme)

iPodVT:
I just now downloaded and installed version 420fb1163c-221001, and the scrolling bug is fixed.

Thanks again for your help and such a speedy bug fix, amachronic.

And 'smearing' was the perfect descriptor that I couldn't come up with myself - thanks for that, Frankenpod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version