Support and General Use > Hardware

New cheap portable player in the market

<< < (3/26) > >>

pmp4:

--- Quote from: speachy on August 04, 2022, 08:40:27 AM ---The real question is how much onboard RAM this SoC contains.

The various Actions Semi SoCs found in most of these shovelware players contains only a couple hundred KB, for example.  Even the higher-end rockchip ones have less than half the RAM for rockbox to be minimally viable.

--- End quote ---

I got several Actions based players and they are different. They can't even browse files when they are playing music.

This player can. It's like a feature phone without phone. It's not related to actions based players.

bahus:

--- Quote from: pmp4 on August 05, 2022, 04:45:08 AM ---
Here is a more complete list of fdl files than that it come with uniflash soft: http://chomikuj.pl/hubertus/Serwis+GSM/boxy/GPG+Dragron+3.55/55/GPG+Dragon+v3.50c+Crack+Download+Link+*26+Enjoy+!!/system/spreadtrum

Note: To use those files with UniFlash you must rename correctly and put in fdls folder, because UniFlash take params from the fdl filename, like the memory address to load the file.

--- End quote ---

Another link to download all those files at once (see system\spreadtrum\ folder in archive):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0fcqdgcyk2ymqjo/Dragon_V3.53-MobileRdx.com.rar/file

Bilgus:
@bahus nice

--- Quote from: pmp4 on August 05, 2022, 04:45:08 AM ---Note: To use those files with UniFlash you must rename correctly and put in fdls folder, because UniFlash take params from the fdl filename, like the memory address to load the file.

--- End quote ---

the uniflash script takes commands for the address and type from the file name by default

ex. sc6600l_generic_0x34000000_single.bin

can be overridden on cmd line
'-sfdl','--single-fdl-file'
'-saddr','--single-fdl-addr'

maybe the address space could be scanned repeatedly and get lucky enough to find the proper offset

pmp4:
I got it!
Thank you very much to Bahus for the rar.

The file that works is 6531A_Write_Full_Flash_1.bin and the load address is 0x34000000

pmp4:
Here is my firmware.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uk6slle39r7b3fo/portable+player+firmware.bin/file

And here the results of binwalk:

DECIMAL       HEXADECIMAL     DESCRIPTION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
62848         0xF580          Unix path: /source/src/c/sci_mem.c
66516         0x103D4         Unix path: /source/src/c/threadx_os.c
77484         0x12EAC         Unix path: /source/src/c/threadx_appmem.c
235040        0x39620         Unix path: /Layer1/source/c/datacnfproc.c
330092        0x5096C         Unix path: /Layer1/source/c/systeminfo.c
1893852       0x1CE5DC        LZMA compressed data, properties: 0x5A, dictionary size: 16777216 bytes, uncompressed size: 4096 bytes
3215524       0x3110A4        LZMA compressed data, properties: 0x5A, dictionary size: 16777216 bytes, uncompressed size: 4096 bytes

---

Reading in a hex editor, the firmware contents some info from my device (my bluetooths devices scanned), so it's not "clean" from factory, it's modified with the scans and the current config of the device.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version