Rockbox Development > Feature Ideas

iPod as Stem Player

(1/2) > >>

thethrowaway2001:
I think it would be cool to add a stem player feature (similar to how kanye's stem player works). I doubt AI stem isolation is possible for the ipod, but it would be cool to import your own stems and play with them stem player-style, especially since the ipod has the clickwheel with the 4 buttons, maybe even lower each stem with the clickwheel? I hope someone picks this up because a lot of people would love to play with this sort of feature and also not spend 200$ on a stem player when we have perfectly working ipods with a lot more storage.

sunrize777:

--- Quote from: thethrowaway2001 on May 30, 2022, 05:57:16 PM ---I think it would be cool to add a stem player feature (similar to how kanye's stem player works). I doubt AI stem isolation is possible for the ipod, but it would be cool to import your own stems and play with them stem player-style, especially since the ipod has the clickwheel with the 4 buttons, maybe even lower each stem with the clickwheel? I hope someone picks this up because a lot of people would love to play with this sort of feature and also not spend 200$ on a stem player when we have perfectly working ipods with a lot more storage.

--- End quote ---

I don’t know about the difficulty or skills required to complete this, but that’s a pretty good idea.
I’m not sure if it would be that difficult because realistically, if some one could code a plugin to section the music into 4 areas for the 4 buttons (Bass and sub bass, Lower mids, Higher mids, and Trebles and tsts cymbal noises) and code those sections to a comfortable UI, that’s basically plug-in done. In a way this has already been made with bass and treble, if you play a song and then long press on select and go to sound settings, then bass or treble settings which is pretty neat. But back to your question, I COULD TRY to do something but I don’t have much time on my hands because of exams and some stuff in my personal life I kinda lost the motivation to do anything for a while and I feel like crap, so I think that it’s best for someone else to do it.

thethrowaway2001:
It doesn't even have to section the music, if it could just take four different individual tracks at once somehow and play with their volume, pause and loop them, it could be enough.

sunrize777:

--- Quote from: thethrowaway2001 on June 04, 2022, 12:35:19 PM ---It doesn't even have to section the music, if it could just take four different individual tracks at once somehow and play with their volume, pause and loop them, it could be enough.

--- End quote ---

I didn’t really understand what you meant by four individual tracks. If you could explain it better I would appreciate it. I think that sectioning could be easier cause essentially all the plugin has to do is separate the music into grouped frequencies (e.g. 20hz-250hz = 1st section, subbass and bass.) if the plugin can just take this frequencies from the music then I think it’s easier than separating a song into 4 tracks or whatever.

thethrowaway2001:
I left you a private message a while ago, if you could reply so maybe we can further discuss this idea I would be forever grateful!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version