Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

iPod Video 80GB No Audio

(1/1)

crundle:
Hello!

I recently installed Rockbox on an 80GB iPod Video (5.5th Gen). I am running Rockbox 3.15.

For some reason, I cannot hear any audio at all when I try to play the files I've loaded to the device. I also cannot hear any scroll clicks, even though I have turned that setting on. This issue happens regardless of whether I am using headphones or my Sony dock.

When booted into the Apple software, I am able to hear the scroll clicks in my headphones. I haven't tested it with music files yet, but we'll see.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, or suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thank you!

gklainer:

--- Quote from: crundle on May 20, 2022, 07:53:04 PM ---Hello!

I recently installed Rockbox on an 80GB iPod Video (5.5th Gen). I am running Rockbox 3.15.

For some reason, I cannot hear any audio at all when I try to play the files I've loaded to the device. I also cannot hear any scroll clicks, even though I have turned that setting on. This issue happens regardless of whether I am using headphones or my Sony dock.

When booted into the Apple software, I am able to hear the scroll clicks in my headphones. I haven't tested it with music files yet, but we'll see.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, or suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

The audio chip on the motherboard could be bad if you do not hear music when switched to the Apple OS.  I would put the daily build of Rockbox on it and try it again.

crundle:

--- Quote from: gklainer on June 03, 2022, 11:32:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: crundle on May 20, 2022, 07:53:04 PM ---Hello!

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

The audio chip on the motherboard could be bad if you do not hear music when switched to the Apple OS.  I would put the daily build of Rockbox on it and try it again.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the response! I replaced the entire logic board today, and the audio chip was definitely the problem. Works beautifully now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version