Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

iRiver H320 - 'Check HDD Connection'

(1/1)

TheGimp:
Hi folks,

I've had this player for a good few years now.
Came on here when the original HDD died, and got the Rockbox firmware and a 4GB CF card, and had it working.
Then I started properly with smartphones, and this got relegated to a drawer.
Just now got it out again, but now:
- When starting the player, Rockbox V5 boot messages appear, terminating with:
Loading firmware
Result: -1
- Plugging into a charger first starts up the original iRiver charging screen, and starting it from there loads the original iRiver firmware (1.28 E).
- Shows 'Check HDD Connection' then 'Check HDD', and shows no files.
- When connected to a PC, the PC can see the files on the card, so it's connected and functional.
- I've removed the card from the player, connected it to a PC, and repartitioned, reformatted (FAT32) and made active with Diskpart.

Does anyone know what I can try next?

Also to note, I can start the player in 'Bootloader USB mode'. 

Cheers,
Stuart

ej0rge:
The other day I decided I'd like to try using the stereo line-in on one of my iriver devices in conjunction with my vintage jvc hm-200e headphone / binaural microphone set, but it's been several years since i used any of them.

The H320 i unearthed is doing exactly that. it was partially disassembled and i don't recall if there's another h320 here. It does not have a rockbox bootloader installed yet. I know i had two h120 devices and the one i found is being really flaky.

I wonder if this is just due to early lead-free solder cracking over time. So maybe I need to flood the boards with flux and attempt some hot-air reflow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version