Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

Sansa Clip+ dying screen - any way to repair or at least retrieve settings?

(1/2) > >>

new_kata:
I have a Sansa Clip+ which 2 years ago had its flash dying and on which I was able to have Rockbox boot from the SD card.

Now it seems the screen / backlight is dying. When it starts, the backlight is very very low, screen is almost impossible to read, and after a minute or two it gets completely black. Other than that, the player is still fine, I can still use it if I manage to start music.

Is there any way this can be repaired? I am not electronics-savvy at all, and I guess it is just hardware dying, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

In any case, I have bought a new in box one (for a lot more money than they used to retail for.. but oh well) - is there any way I can easily retrieve or even port my audio settings once the new player has been rockboxed, more particularly my EQ ones?

Thanks!

Bilgus:
Since its on SD card you should still have the settings?

cela:

--- Quote from: new_kata on May 05, 2022, 03:30:48 AM --- I can still use it if I manage to start music.

--- End quote ---
If you  could enable talking menus it would be easier to navigate ;-)

new_kata:

--- Quote from: Bilgus on May 05, 2022, 08:10:24 AM ---Since its on SD card you should still have the settings?

--- End quote ---

well actually I'm mixing things up and on this one it's on the player itself but it doesn't matter, I can also access it via usb. so what should I do if I want to migrate all settings to a new device? Install bootloader on new device and then replace .rockbox folder on new device with the one from the old player?

--- Quote from: cela on May 05, 2022, 04:06:01 PM ---If you  could enable talking menus it would be easier to navigate ;-)

--- End quote ---

is it possible to active by editing a config file directly?

saratoga:
You can copy the config.cfg file or the whole .rockbox folder if you want the new device to have identical software to the old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version