Support and General Use > Hardware

Iriver H320 -- Can it play on external power only? No internal battery?

<< < (2/2)

saratoga:
The iriver batteries are just a + and a - terminal to a lithium ion battery, so you could put almost anything in there that will fit.  No thermistor or microchips or anything like that. There are aftermarket ones on amazon though. 

cromag:
Thanks!  The two dead ones I got were from Amazon vendors.

I tend to be very cautious about Lithium batteries.  I remember when they were being developed in the 80s and being described as potential hand grenades.  ;)

I may wind up giving that a try in the garage if I can't find any working batteries.  I suspect the various vendors at Amazon etc. are all drawing from the same stock.

Thanks again.

kostkoro:
Here is an old post of me, about this situation and the solution I luckily discovered:
https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,25598.msg172148.html#msg172148
The cfmode guide page still exists and the special bootloader for CF is still there for downloading: H300.zip. In my experience the bootloader was functioning OK without having to replace the hard disk with a CF card. I just don;t know if this old bootloader is compatible with newer features, eg. themes etc. I also I am not sure if it will succeed in charging by Rockbox and not by iRiver firmware. This happened with my H320, which was European version. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version