Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

2tb iFlash build on iPod 6th gen resets every time I connect it via USB

(1/3) > >>

doctorjuggles:
I'm sure I've done something really stupid here, but it's extremely frustrating.
I've installed an iFlash Quad and have just over 2tb in flash memory
I can get everything loaded (which takes over a day to transfer) and everything works fine.
However, as soon as I try to reconnect the iPod to a PC, for some reason it resets the whole thing to a single 127gb drive and then an unallocated 2tb drive so my whole damn collection is gone and I have to start all over again. It's happened a few times now and, due to the lengthy process of loading the files up, it's obviously a hell of a pain to deal with

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

saratoga:
Are you trying to use the Apple firmware or USB mode? On some models that don't support lba48 you'll get reset to 127 GB I think.

doctorjuggles:
USB mode.
So once I load up my tracks I can never connect to a PC again?
Is is possible that having apple services or bonjour services running is causing this?

saratoga:
You can still use rockbox USB mode, you just can't use the apple firmware or you'll get reset to the largest size it supports (IIRC). 

doctorjuggles:
Thanks. I haven't tried to use apple firmware - is it possible I've missed a step when I'm installing? I have no interest in keeping the apple firmware, but for some reason I'm able to load everything onto the player, unplug and everything works fine, but then as soon as I plug it back into my PC I get this issue.

Just found out that it also doesn't seem to like going beyond 2TB. If I add more cards to take it beyond that, it just shows up as a single drive of 340GB or so. I assume that's a limit of the FAT32 system though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version