Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

Is the audio playback broken for all?

<< < (2/5) > >>

LinusN:
You don't *enter* the main menu, you *exit* the radio screen. There are two ways to do this:

1) Use the Power button. It turns off the radio and you can exit the menu and start playing music from the browser.

2) You press the Rec button (very unfortunate choice of button). Then you leave the FM screen with the radio still on, that way you can record the FM radio by entering the Recording screen.

RaeNye:
OK, but pressing REC again in the main menu enters/exits/goes somewhere. The filebrowser is obviously the worst choice of such.

Febs:
Patch 5294 changes navigation generally so that the Main Menu exits to the screen from which it was selected.  (The "left" button still exits the Main Menu to the File Browser.)  Now whether that is true with the iAudio and with its FM features, I couldn't say.

LinusN:

--- Quote from: RaeNye on July 22, 2006, 09:30:26 AM ---OK, but pressing REC again in the main menu enters/exits/goes somewhere. The filebrowser is obviously the worst choice of such.

--- End quote ---

You enter the FM screen like this:

Browser -> Main menu -> FM screen

When you go back you do the opposite:

FM screen -> Main menu -> Browser

Why is that such a bad choice?

RaeNye:
Because when I enter FM radio screen, digital playback stops and FM reception begins. You're other choice (which may be acceptable as well) is to remember the current "mode" (e.g., fm playback, digital playback, line-in record, ...)
and when you select a file from the browser (i.e., enter digital PB mode) to stop FM reception (reconfig IIS, etc.).

BTW,
It's not
browser -> main menu -> fm screen
but
(digital audio) WPS -> main menu -> fm screen (WPS)

and entering and exiting (or vice versa...) the main menu doesn't count as "going back".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version