Support and General Use > Hardware

read only FS

(1/2) > >>

urodelo:
Hello.
I own a SanDisk Sansa c200 v2 (Rockbox utility 3.15) since a long time. Everything works but a week ago, after a lon time, I decided to delete the music files in the disk of the player (no sd card) and foound out that the whole FS is read only. I can't delete, upload, nor reinstall rockbox. I already chmodded the folder (which basically already showed the writing permission for my user), gone with sudo, changed usb port, voodoo, etc, no change. I don't have another pc where to try at the moment. Weird, because before I have been able to upload and delete the music files. Maybe a quite long time has passed and I forgot how to do... 😞 Any clue?
Thanks

Bilgus:
Unfortunately in my experience (Clip+ at least) once the FS goes read-only its already too late,

Ive had several devices that wouldn't boot and I was able to dd pieces of a system image over and get back to working condition
but thats 2 out of probably 30?

now I have seen these devices go on to lead half way productive lives in the hands of a dedicated user like johnb
but for most that is too much to bear basically running a new version from the file browser every boot

urodelo:
Thanks for the answer. But I don't understand... What's the cause of the ro FS?

7o9:
The flash memory wearing out and basically dying.

urodelo:
Oh... that's too bad... That player accompanied me during many many years through different moments of my life, it's very sad for me to know it is dying... 😢 The wheel already didn't work well but I could use it anyway. I hope maybe I can still use an SD card, if it doesn't interfere with the songs' db. Thank you all for the answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version