Support and General Use > Hardware

3.15 Install land operation errors Sansa 280

<< < (2/4) > >>

chris_s:
I guess if you're only playing a folder, the file would disappear from the playlist (and thus be skipped) after stopping/resuming playback, since the tracks would not be inserted into the playlist. That's the only thing I can think of right now.

Braverman:
Before anything else, what is the "current stable" version and why doesn't the install utility designate it as such?

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: Braverman on November 04, 2021, 09:41:08 AM ---Before anything else, what is the "current stable" version and why doesn't the install utility designate it as such?

--- End quote ---

It's 3.15 and Rockbox Utility designates it as such.

Bilgus:
I think some of those issues are already fixed in the dev version
Again we don't fix bugs in the older stuff it's already set in stone

Stable doesn't mean works perfectly and there hasn't been anyone testing these builds for your device
Clearly.
Best I can say is use a dev version so we are sure the bugs are still there and actually have a chance at finding and fixing them

The codebase is in much better shape now versus 3.14and 3.15 we have found  fixed alot of BAD
For instance A few months ago we fixed 100s of issues identified by coverity code analysis
From buffer overruns to just terrible code literally 100s left but we got the worst of it...

It's all a work in progress but old bugs from past releases dont push the bar closer to perfection

Braverman:

--- Quote from: Bilgus on November 04, 2021, 12:12:03 PM ---I think some of those issues are already fixed in the dev version
Again we don't fix bugs in the older stuff it's already set in stone

Stable doesn't mean works perfectly and there hasn't been anyone testing these builds for your device
Clearly.
Best I can say is use a dev version so we are sure the bugs are still there and actually have a chance at finding and fixing them

The codebase is in much better shape now versus 3.14and 3.15 we have found  fixed alot of BAD
For instance A few months ago we fixed 100s of issues identified by coverity code analysis
From buffer overruns to just terrible code literally 100s left but we got the worst of it...

It's all a work in progress but old bugs from past releases dont push the bar closer to perfection

--- End quote ---
Bilgus, nice to see you again ...

Which dev version would be the one to "test/try out"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version