Support and General Use > Hardware

3.15 Install land operation errors Sansa 280

(1/4) > >>

Braverman:
Upgrading my Sansa e280's (v1 and v2) to 3.15 and have noticed some problems:

1. When installing from the utility it deletes your config.cfg AND most-recent.bmark files. Both of which I not not mention should not be touched.
2. When playing through a playlist and it comes to a file that no long exists, 3.14 would skip over it, 3.15 stops on it, informing the user that the filename is <root> and then sits - patiently - waiting.
3. Can't remember for the life of me what the third problem is.

And just a further question (excuse me the player just found another one of those files) ... In a V2 when you choose "files" from the menu you can see the internal memory and the external SDCard, on a V1 you can't - just a firmware change in the Sansa?
... 'cause I happen to LOVE being able to to that.

Thanks.

saratoga:

--- Quote ---Upgrading my Sansa e280's (v1 and v2) to 3.15 and have noticed some problems:

--- End quote ---

FWIW 3.15 is a 3 year old stable release meaning that it is not developed and we don't need to know what doesn't work since nothing will be fixed.  Rather than run old releases you should probably run the current build.

--- Quote ---1. When installing from the utility it deletes your config.cfg AND most-recent.bmark files. Both of which I not not mention should not be touched.

--- End quote ---

I don't think this is correct.  The update process is designed to preserve settings and should not delete anything.

--- Quote ---2. When playing through a playlist and it comes to a file that no long exists, 3.14 would skip over it, 3.15 stops on it, informing the user that the filename is <root> and then sits - patiently - waiting.

--- End quote ---

That didn't change.  Missing files are still skipped.

--- Quote ---In a V2 when you choose "files" from the menu you can see the internal memory and the external SDCard, on a V1 you can't
--- End quote ---

The V1 and V2 (and all devices) work the same.  Could you clarify what you mean?  What can't you do?

chris_s:

--- Quote from: saratoga on November 03, 2021, 01:36:40 PM ---
--- Quote ---2. When playing through a playlist and it comes to a file that no long exists, 3.14 would skip over it, 3.15 stops on it, informing the user that the filename is <root> and then sits - patiently - waiting.

--- End quote ---

That didn't change.  Missing files are still skipped.

--- End quote ---
The behavior described by the OP is something I'd noticed myself. It was introduced about 4 years ago (so before the release of 3.15) by this commit: https://github.com/Rockbox/rockbox/commit/dfff938dff089667038041fcb66262c87c3186c2

There's a a patch on Gerrit that changes it back to how it had been previously (except that it now won't skip over the last entry of a playlist). I should remove the "WIP" label since it doesn't seem to have caused any problems testing it for the better part of a year now on my devices.

saratoga:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I just created a playlist, deleted a file in the middle of the playlist and played it. The playlist skipped the missing file as expected. Or does it work differently if it's m3u for the playlist?

chris_s:

--- Quote from: saratoga on November 03, 2021, 02:27:16 PM ---Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I just created a playlist, deleted a file in the middle of the playlist and played it. The playlist skipped the missing file as expected. Or does it work differently if it's m3u for the playlist?

--- End quote ---
I'm not sure right now why we're seeing different behavior.   ??? Would have expected you to see something like this when reaching a missing file:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version