Support and General Use > Plugins/Viewers

pictureflow problem - any suggestions for a fix/workaround?

<< < (3/13) > >>

chris_s:
I've noticed the plugin buffer size is only set to 800KiB on all iPods including the iPod classic, despite it having 64MB of RAM, whereas, for example, amachronic seems to have set it to 2 MiB on the M3K with the same amount of RAM. Might be worth trying to simply increase that at bit, at least, in a one-off build for yourself?

chris_s:
Or 512KiB actually...

Frankenpod:
Will try that - though, unfortunately, my linux PC (that I'd have to use to build RB with) is currently partially-dismantled!

Frankenpod:
Gave it another go with the latest RB version.  Took 4 hours to complete then said 'not enough memory for art cache'!

the pictureflow_album.idx file is 304k, which doesn't seem that large.

chris_s:

--- Quote from: Frankenpod on May 08, 2022, 12:33:19 PM ---Gave it another go with the latest RB version.  Took 4 hours to complete then said 'not enough memory for art cache'!

the pictureflow_album.idx file is 304k, which doesn't seem that large.

--- End quote ---
Doesn't really solve your problem, but building the index shouldn't take that long. Have you enabled 'Load to RAM for the database (and restarted afterwards)? I have just under 20k songs on my iPod 4G, resulting in an album index that's about 130 KB, and it takes  (I just timed it) under 2 minutes to build the index and reach the "Preparing artwork" stage.

You're using an iPod 6G, if I remember correctly? Here's a dev build with the plugin buffer size set to 2MiB instead of 512KiB, if you'd like to give it a go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyi960dv0halide/rockbox-full-ipodclassic.zip?dl=0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version