Support and General Use > Theming and Appearance Customization

Corrupted "Now Playing Theme" UPDATED

(1/9) > >>

Braverman:
I use Friskey2 as both my base skin and the now playing skin.
Had some major trouble with my 2 e280 Sansa's and now I can not get the Now Playing Skin to be that, but any others will. I've tried re-installing, but I'd like to "uninstall" just that and then re-install, but can't figure out how to do that without uninstalling everything.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
************** UPdate ******************
Won't work with V3.15, will wit V3.14.

Can anyone tell me how to manually install 3.14 in a Sansa e280v2 which needs the Sansa firmware along with Rockbox?

Frankenpod:
Is it at all possible it's to do with this change?

Looking at that theme, I notice it uses 14-Nimbus, in a viewport that is only 12 pixels high.  Maybe that causes an issue?  If this thread is correct, that would cause some of the text not to appear.  You'd have to change the viewport sizes from 12 to 14, or change the font from 14 to 12 point.

https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,54008.0.html

Alternatively, could it be that you simply don't have that font installed?  (that would cause the theme to default back to the failsafe theme)

Braverman:

--- Quote from: Frankenpod on October 11, 2021, 12:36:59 PM ---Is it at all possible it's to do with this change?
--- End quote ---
THANK YOU for taking the time to answer.
It is the version change, I put 3.14 on a v2 unit - (through the installer - and the screen was fine.
I also have another v2 with 3.15 - not working - and another with 3.14 that IS working.
Make sense?

--- Quote from: Frankenpod on October 11, 2021, 12:36:59 PM ---Looking at that theme, I notice it uses 14-Nimbus, in a viewport that is only 12 pixels high.  Maybe that causes an issue?  If this thread is correct, that would cause some of the text not to appear.  You'd have to change the viewport sizes from 12 to 14, or change the font from 14 to 12 point.

https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,54008.0.html

--- End quote ---

I thought of that at first, but the fonts are there and it IS only the "While Playing" screen, the base theme is dandy - very readable for these old eye(s).

--- Quote from: Frankenpod on October 11, 2021, 12:36:59 PM ---Alternatively, could it be that you simply don't have that font installed?  (that would cause the theme to default back to the failsafe theme)

--- End quote ---
Naw, it's there.

As the installer doesn't allow me to pick an older version (so I could let it take care of the ...) wait a minute - it only needs the Sansa firmware for the bootloader, correct? Not for Rockbox itself. hmmm
I haven't tried a manual install of 3.14 for 2 reasons, 1) bricking it and 2) I can't find the right file for v2 - IN THAT ORDER.

Frankenpod:
You don't say in exactly what way the WPS isn't working.

The change mentioned in that other thread would mean the text not appearing - is that the problem you are having?  If not, what exactly does the WPS look like?  In what way is it not working?

Is it any better if you change to a smaller font?

Frankenpod:
I believe to install 3.14 you just download it and unzip it to the player (telling it to overwrite all files if it asks).  But I don't have one of those players myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version