Third Party > Repairing and Upgrading Rockbox Capable Players

IPod Classic HDD connector name

(1/2) > >>

SuppaTenko:
Good day. I need to replace HDD connector on IPod Classic gen.6 mainboard. Ribbon cable fixator broken down.
I have all needed tools and experience - I did it before (unsoldiered it with thermal fan and bottom heater and transplanted it to another board). But I can't find new connector because I don't know the exact type I need. Google and aliexpress yeld no good answers.
Can anybody help me?

braewoods:
Would this happen to be what you need? https://www.iflash.xyz/store/hdd-ribbon/

Edit: Oh, it's about the socket itself.

braewoods:
Based on the available data your best bet is probably to use a donor board to get the necessary parts. Perhaps you can find a junker iPod of the same generation that has a compatible socket you can transplant? I do this from time to time when restoring old units for which new parts don't really exist anymore.

SuppaTenko:

--- Quote from: braewoods on June 10, 2021, 01:03:14 AM ---Based on the available data your best bet is probably to use a donor board to get the necessary parts.

--- End quote ---
Yep. It was my plan from the very begining. But right now in my city prices skyrocketed even for dead units and there are almost no suitablelots on local boards. I will search on local fleamarkets or something... I already searched through mouser catalog and some local electronics parts suppliers but couldn't find suitable 35-pin connector. It doesn't look proprietary or something. So I thinkthat I need tknow correct part name.

braewoods:
And where would that be? I usually order everything off eBay. Though this part seems to cost $50+ easily. Sheesh.

If price is that much of a factor, you're probably better off repairing a less popular line of MP3 player.

Edit:

Speaking of which I do have some MP3 players I am effectively finished with as the purpose I bought them for is completed. Let me know if you're interested in some stuff that has already been repaired.

Edit:

Also, you could try asking the iFlash people if they know anything about the socket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version