Support and General Use > Audio Playback, Database and Playlists

Gapless playback for Ipod Classic 5g not working

<< < (2/3) > >>

saratoga:

--- Quote from: jcutler121 on June 02, 2021, 10:49:50 PM ---Forgot to add that this is happening in a new car I just bought. I tried it with just ear buds and it plays gapless so it has to do with the car. I had a 2017 Elantra that I could plugin my Ipod touch and it worked great.

--- End quote ---

Are you plugging in the iPod as an external hard drive and then decoding using the car stereo?  If so, you aren't using Rockbox and so won't have gapless playback. 

jcutler121:
I am not sure what you mean by decoding. The usb port on the truck won't read an ipod with apple firmware so I put rockbox on the ipod and the head unit plays it. I also have used a Sandisk with their stock firmware and the gap is only 1 second compared to 4 seconds with the rockbox ipod. I probably just wasted my money on the ipod but I was trying everything I could. This was the only vehicle I looked at that didn't support an ipod and I didn't know until after I purchased it. I wouldn't have bought the truck had I known.

saratoga:
You are using your iPod as an external hard disk, so rockbox is not actually decoding audio, it's just acting bas a very fancy USB disk drive. The car stereo is using its own decoders, which probably aren't gapless.

You need to use the headphone or line out analog jacks if you want rockbox to decode your audio.

jcutler121:
Got it. It's was worth a try. I'll just use the SanDisk then. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

saratoga:
Or just get a USB flash drive if you don't want to keep an mp3 player hooked up to your car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version