Installation / Removal > Other - Installation/Removal

FiiO M3K Install (Native port)

<< < (27/28) > >>

chris_s:

--- Quote from: demon_slayer on May 29, 2022, 12:59:29 PM ---I was using the NightPod theme and I didn't see a folder icon out of the box, didn't know there was a 'show icons' setting so it probably is possible. Ignore that point in my original post in that case

--- End quote ---
You can blame me for that... :D I deliberately blanked out the icons in that particular theme to create whitespace to the left side of list items – which is actually kind of hack that should probably rather be a Rockbox UI option. Maybe I'll put up another version with yuuiko's icon set from the InfoMatrix-v2 theme – the ones that are also used in the redux m3k theme. You can also choose your own icon sets by editing a theme's cfg file, although there doesn't appear to be a UI option for that.

demon_slayer:
Since reverting back to the original FIIO firmware from Rockbox I tried to follow the steps in this guide to reinstall Rockbox to give it another try and noticed that when I restart my player it would keep booting into the FIIO firmware and not the rockbox firmware. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, has anyone else experienced this ?

7o9:
Could it be the bootloader is not actually installed?

demon_slayer:

--- Quote from: 7o9 on June 20, 2022, 01:20:56 PM ---Could it be the bootloader is not actually installed?

--- End quote ---

I can get to Step 5 of the instructions so I can see the bootloader screen and am able to select Rockbox. It is only when I reboot is when it boots into the FIIO software. 
The first time I installed Rockbox it worked fine. Perhaps because I've reverted back to FIIO firmware and am now trying to reinstall rockbox that is causing issues  ???

amachronic:
You're probably forgetting to select Install or update bootloader. When you hit step 5 the bootloader is only temporarily in RAM, it isn't flashed to the device until you hit install. And remember to take a bootloader backup before the install as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version