Rockbox General > Rockbox General Discussion

Why does Rockbox have more features than most proprietary firmware?

<< < (2/2)

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: rjdg14 on April 23, 2021, 10:10:35 AM ---Are there any settings that can also improve the audio quality in Rockbox [...]

--- End quote ---

Please don't hijack threads, even if you started them. Keep the discussion in a thread to its topic. If you have a different question simply start a new thread. Thanks.

As for the original question: as braewoods said: people work on the stuff they are interested in, development is (usually) done by technical people, and those people are interested in all kind of technical stuff (f.e. replaygain support) the majority of consumers out there don't care about. For commercial development, every feature has to have a business case. If there is no business case the feature (or even product) is dropped.

saratoga:
I will quickly  comment  that we have had download  stats posted in irc, so you could  check the logs for some older releases.

rjdg14:

--- Quote from: bluebrother on April 24, 2021, 01:28:44 PM ---Please don't hijack threads, even if you started them. Keep the discussion in a thread to its topic. If you have a different question simply start a new thread. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Sorry about that, I'm a new user and the rules do vary slightly between different forums. I'll make sure I create a new thread if I feel the need to go off-topic in future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version