Installation / Removal > Other - Installation/Removal

Clip Zip Install

(1/2) > >>

Casper2021:
Do to some financial issues, I'm limited to using my Android phone for just about all my computer needs.  Is it possible to install RB using an Android phone?  I am able to download music to the Clip with several different file managers, so can thiz be done?

speachy:
Short answer:  No.

Longer answer:  It depends on how the specific target does its firmware flashing.  If the device flashes its own firmware, then an android device can be used to copy a pre-patched firmware file to the target (and you can presumbly get someone else to send this patched file to you)  But if the rockbox utility has to directly access the target then the firmware patcher/writer has to be ported to run natively on android first.

Meanwhile.  IIRC the clip zip works the first way, and you can presumably use any file manager to copy the rockbox-patched firmware image onto the target.  But you posted elsewhere that you're using a Clip Sport, which Rockbox does not support in any way, which renders your question moot.

Casper2021:
But I read on a linux page that the Clip Sport is just a repackaged Clip Zip.  Is this not correct information?

Casper2021:
Here is the image of the clip zip/clip sport.

speachy:

--- Quote from: Casper2021 on April 21, 2021, 05:25:52 PM ---But I read on a linux page that the Clip Sport is just a repackaged Clip Zip.  Is this not correct information?

--- End quote ---

That is incorrect.  Please see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SanDisk_Sansa#Overview

The Clip Sport, Jam, Sport Plus, and Sport Go are completely different from the older Clip series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version