Support and General Use > Hardware

LCD backlight still on even iPod shutdown

<< < (2/3) > >>

PeppeNT:
Yep, with original firmware it works normally.
But i can do this workaround as i said: turn off backlight before shutting down left screen off. But the problem is that every time i have to turn off manually and when i turn in my ipod i have to enable also manually.
Is there a way, in rockbox, to script commands, so i can script to disabile backlight when shutting down device and reenable automatically when turning on?

speachy:
Is your iPod modded in any way (eg an SSD?)

Also you didn't seem to mention what version of rockbox you are using. 

Please make sure you are using the latest nightly build, because this sounds like an issue, fixed about a month ago, that only affected SSD-modified iPods.

PeppeNT:

--- Quote from: speachy on April 15, 2021, 10:28:10 AM ---Is your iPod modded in any way (eg an SSD?)

Also you didn't seem to mention what version of rockbox you are using. 

Please make sure you are using the latest nightly build, because this sounds like an issue, fixed about a month ago, that only affected SSD-modified iPods.

--- End quote ---
Yes. My ipod has an ssd. Now i'm using latest development build, installed yesterday, but this issue happens also with latest stable 3.15

PeppeNT:
Specs are:
Disk: CF Card
Version installed: 42dba708e3-210414

speachy:

--- Quote from: PeppeNT on April 15, 2021, 05:41:44 PM ---Specs are:
Disk: CF Card
Version installed: 42dba708e3-210414

--- End quote ---

Please go to  rockbox / debug / dump ata identify info, and send me the /identify_info.bin that is created.

I suspect what's going on is that the CF card you're using doesn't properly implement power saving functions, so the shutdown is hanging while waiting for the CF card to acknowledge a clean shutdown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version