Support and General Use > User Interface and Voice

Sansa e250r 3.15 How to disable context menu?

(1/2) > >>

AZZAZZINs:
How to disable context menu?

Is it possible to disable the context menu?

Or as an option to bind to another button other than "select"?

Or at least increase the delay required to call this context menu ???

Frankenpod:
I don't have any answers - sorry if seeing a reply got your hopes up!

Just saying it did occur to me that maybe if one enabled the option to 'use shortcuts in place of quick screen' and then created a shortcut that didn't do anything, or did something harmless, that might be a workaround.  However haven't managed to get that idea to work myself, it still seems to go to the quickscreen.  Don't know if anyone more expert might know if that could be made to work?

Otherwise, from what you say in your other post about this, it sounds as if this is sort of an 'usability issue' for someone vision-impaired, so maybe there's therefore an argument for having a settings option to disable the quick menu entirely?  That could be added to the existing option for choosing between having the quickscreen or shortcuts, maybe?  Not that I have the ability to add that feature myself, unfortunately.

AZZAZZINs:

--- Quote from: Frankenpod on April 03, 2021, 04:26:17 PM ---I don't have any answers - sorry if seeing a reply got your hopes up!

Just saying it did occur to me that maybe if one enabled the option to 'use shortcuts in place of quick screen' and then created a shortcut that didn't do anything, or did something harmless, that might be a workaround.  However haven't managed to get that idea to work myself, it still seems to go to the quickscreen.  Don't know if anyone more expert might know if that could be made to work?

Otherwise, from what you say in your other post about this, it sounds as if this is sort of an 'usability issue' for someone vision-impaired, so maybe there's therefore an argument for having a settings option to disable the quick menu entirely?  That could be added to the existing option for choosing between having the quickscreen or shortcuts, maybe?  Not that I have the ability to add that feature myself, unfortunately.

--- End quote ---

Yes. If it was possible to disable the context menu in the settings, then this would solve the problem.

Perhaps you should yourself go into the source code of the firmware and remove this function. However, I do not quite understand how to do this.

Frankenpod:
I don't really know how to do it either.  But someone probably could create a specific 'build' with the quickscreen disabled.  Ideally, perhaps, it could be an option in 'settings' to turn it off.

Searching for past posts on the topic seems to suggest that in the distant past it was considered a possibility to have the length of a 'long press; be user-configurable, which would be another way to solve your issue.  But as far as I can see from that long-ago discussion, the conclusion was that doing that would lead to users messing things up and then pestering devs for help, so they decided against it!  Seems a pity if there are users whose fingers are not agile enough to press quickly.

Bilgus:
It'll be a bit before I get it done but I'm working on button remapping that would probably solve your problem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version