Support and General Use > Hardware

iPod Mini 2G battery life is reeeeeally bad (only 25% of stock firmware!)

<< < (2/7) > >>

eicca:
It's getting worse! Just sitting idle I'm watching my battery drop 1% every few minutes, backlight off!

Still no problems in the Apple firmware.

Really need some help, devs!

roastpotatoes:

--- Quote from: eicca on February 17, 2021, 07:00:28 PM ---It's getting worse! Just sitting idle I'm watching my battery drop 1% every few minutes, backlight off!

Still no problems in the Apple firmware.

Really need some help, devs!

--- End quote ---
What did your battery bench end up at?
Using one of the latest dev builds I go 10 hours 31 minutes which seems to be fairly standard in comparison to these benchmarks.
https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodRuntime

eicca:
Barely five hours.

Are you using a CF card? Stock microdrive?

In another thread it seems that my CF-SD adapter doesn't support ATA power management and is being kept active 100% of the time. Wondering if an actual CF card will do the trick. There's an 18-hour benchmark in the runtime wiki with a CF card back in 2009.

speachy:
I have a patch in gerrit that should improve battery life, but it's awaiting more testing -- the last thing anyone wants to cause data corruption again.

speachy:

--- Quote from: speachy on March 10, 2021, 09:58:12 PM ---I have a patch in gerrit that should improve battery life, but it's awaiting more testing -- the last thing anyone wants to cause data corruption again.

--- End quote ---

Early testing seems to indicate there's no corruption problem, so I went ahead and committed it.

So please grab the latest dev build (or 2012-03-12 or newer) and see if that brings the battery consumption back into the expected range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version