Support and General Use > Hardware

iPod Mini 2G battery life is reeeeeally bad (only 25% of stock firmware!)

<< < (6/7) > >>

roastpotatoes:

--- Quote from: speachy on March 12, 2021, 10:19:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: roastpotatoes on March 12, 2021, 09:05:39 AM ---Ok confirmed crashed happen on 2021-03-12 but not on 2021-03-11

--- End quote ---

Thank you for confirming this.  The only meaningful change between those two is that 03-12 allows turning off the power supply to the drive, which happens 2 seconds after the last I/O operation is reported as complete by the drive.

Clearly the iFlash adapter is lying, and it's still writing stuff in the background even two seconds later.  So, as another attempt to mitigate this, I've increased the poweroff delay to a full five seconds.  Please test the most recent dev build (2743bde0 or newer include it) and see if it still crashes/corrupts things on you?

--- End quote ---

Ok I've tested the dev build.

Internal storage can't be accessed when in rockbox mode. It freezes for 30 seconds or so before displaying the cable diagram but it never mounts on windows once you unplug it crashes with the mount error.

I'm still getting the crash which seems to happen exactly on the 5th minute after pressing play.

Also when trying to access the battery_bench app it gets stuck on loading then it either crashes or displays can't access the file.

eicca:
Roast, what brand SD card are you using? I had similar errors but only with an older DaneElec card. My Lexar Professional isn't giving me any errors on 2743bde0.

But it also doesn't look like there's any improvement either. Still draining at the same rate.

roastpotatoes:

--- Quote from: eicca on March 12, 2021, 11:46:06 AM ---Roast, what brand SD card are you using? I had similar errors but only with an older DaneElec card. My Lexar Professional isn't giving me any errors on 2743bde0.

But it also doesn't look like there's any improvement either. Still draining at the same rate.

--- End quote ---

☠️😓 Geez I just broke my click wheel connector.
But I am using a SanDisk ultra 128gb, or I was...

So I'm out of the game until I get a replacement.

eicca:
Well runtime with 2743bde0 is identical to everything else I've tried. 5 hours 30 minutes of playback.

eicca:
Any update on this? Would really like to be able to use my iPod Mini for more than two hours before having to charge it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version