Support and General Use > Hardware

iPod Mini won't update battery status

<< < (2/2)

roastpotatoes:

--- Quote from: eicca on February 17, 2021, 06:38:52 PM ---Any update/input on this? It's kind of a game-breaking bug here. Can't use Rockbox if I can't see what my battery is!

Trying a dev build doesn't help anything.

--- End quote ---
Try the latest dev build I believe this issue has been solved.

eicca:

--- Quote from: roastpotatoes on March 04, 2021, 05:24:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: eicca on February 17, 2021, 06:38:52 PM ---Any update/input on this? It's kind of a game-breaking bug here. Can't use Rockbox if I can't see what my battery is!

Trying a dev build doesn't help anything.

--- End quote ---
Try the latest dev build I believe this issue has been solved.

--- End quote ---

It does indeed look like it has been solved, for the most part. A database update seems to still freeze the indicator, but I don't auto-update so I can manage it.

speachy:

--- Quote from: eicca on March 11, 2021, 06:06:54 PM ---It does indeed look like it has been solved, for the most part. A database update seems to still freeze the indicator, but I don't auto-update so I can manage it.

--- End quote ---

This happens on all ATA-based players; we deliberately do not update the reported battery stats while the disk is spinning as it typically causes a considerable dip due to the increased load.  Once the disk has finished doing its thing and is shut down, a more accurate battery level (and thus, expected runtime) can be ascertained.

It can be argued that with some solid-state storage this isn't necessary (notably excluding the mSATA converters, which draw _more_ power than the stock hard drives..) but to date I've not been able to come up with a better-than-50%-reliable heuristic that can be used to gate this behaviour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version