Support and General Use > User Interface and Voice

Problem using Save EQ Preset

(1/2) > >>

Racasselle:
Hi, I have an adapted iPod Video 5.5 with an iFlash 256GB SSD and Rockbox. Can someone please advise me how to set up Equaliser Presets? I enter Graphical EQ menu option and modify the Gain, Cutoff and Q, then exit and go to Save EQ Preset where "/.rockbox/eqs" is displayed. I then attempt to name the file as "/.rockbox/eqsRAC1" and press Play to save. A "Settings Saved" message appears. When i then go to Browse EQ Presets, there are no files. If I then enter Graphical EQ menu option again, my custom settings are there. I think I must be doing something really basic wrong, but I cannot find guidance in the manual. Thanks, Richard.

Bilgus:
uh thought this was fixed quite a while ago you might try a dev version > 3.15

if you upgrade and it is still an issue please let me know

in case you want to use it currently you just need to add / after eqs before naming your file

Racasselle:
Thanks very much for your reply, Bilgus. I will give those solutions a go.

Racasselle:
Hi Bilgus,

Thought I'd first try the easy option of adding a '/' to the  EQ Preset file name like so: " /.rockbox/eqs/RAC1" but that didn't work. I am running the stable release 3.14. I used the automated installer to upgrade to the latest development version but got "Download error: received HTTP error0", which I didn't understand. I have modest tech skills (I adapted the iPod to flash drive and loaded Rockbox and FLAC files) but I'm not confident with the manual installer, so I think I will just live with Rockbox 3.14 as is. It's great, and the lack of more than one custom Equaliser set is no big deal. Thanks again, Richard

bluebrother:

--- Quote from: Racasselle on November 16, 2020, 06:56:03 AM ---I used the automated installer to upgrade to the latest development version but got "Download error: received HTTP error0", which I didn't understand.

--- End quote ---

It sounds like you're on macOS; Rockbox Utility 1.4.0 is horribly outdated and has problems, you need a newer version. See here: https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,53588.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version