Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (20/53) > >>

fennectech:
This hosted one.  I love the idea.  Is there any chance we could get a terminal to the underlying linux environment too?   It has usb host. So perhaps even a keyboard?  Also.  Can you link me to the hosted port of rockbox?

amachronic:
Installation instructions are on the wiki here: https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AIGOErosQK. You probably want the pre-patched updates, which work like a normal original firmware update. Once you've installed that you can extract a daily build of Rockbox to the SD card.

As for a terminal, you can get a serial console using the 'run script' option in the Rockbox bootloader, once you've installed Rockbox. I don't have one of these players but I have used this script on the FiiO M3K, which runs basically the same Linux environment:

--- Code: ---#!/bin/ash
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/staging/dwc2/dwc2.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/usb/gadget/libcomposite.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/usb/gadget/u_serial.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/usb/gadget/usb_f_serial.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/usb/gadget/usb_f_acm.ko
insmod /lib/modules/3.10.14/kernel/driver/usb/gadget/g_serial.ko
getty /dev/ttyGS0 115200
rmmod g_serial
rmmod usb_f_acm
rmmod usb_f_serial
rmmod u_serial
rmmod libcomposite
rmmod dwc2

--- End code ---

That should give you a serial port running getty - assuming the script works - which you can connect to using any serial console app, eg. minicom.

EDIT: Bilgus has an old bluetooth menu patch on gerrit which might be a good starting point for the UI - g#3044.

fennectech:
Any chance i could get a built version?  i dont have a dev enviroment for rockbox here.   anyway im setting things up   also   will auto reconnect to bluetooth headphones ever be a thing on here?

Edit   set up a build enviroment and compilation fails :<

amachronic:
There's no pre-built version since it's only a patch on gerrit. Not surprising it won't compile as-is, since it's pretty old and there's merge conflicts. I just thought it might be helpful in some way.

Kofa:
I may be getting an Aigo eros q soon.  On the aigo eros q/k target status page:

https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AIGOErosQK

It says "The RockboxUtility fully supports these players (note that the current 1.4.1 release is from 2019 and will not work)"

Any idea which of the older (windows) version will work?  All the other versions are from 2014 and earlier, I'm guessing those wouldn't work with this newer player.

The manual installation instructions seem a bit difficult to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version