Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (19/53) > >>

Tarik:

--- Quote from: speachy on October 17, 2020, 10:51:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: fossphile on October 17, 2020, 09:50:15 PM ---i guess theres still tons for you to do still ;D in porting rockbox to these players. Any micro updates :) would be received with love but otherwise I patiently and keenly wait :)

--- End quote ---

Yesterday I committed support in the RockboxUtility (no binary builds available as of this writing), complete with patches for the stock firmware images.

A few minutes ago I finished uploading updated bootloader images with some critical fixes for the hotswap and external USB storage support.

It's coming along nicely.

--- End quote ---
Hi, I just registered to ask you this. Does that mean that there's full Rockbox support for this device?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/High-Res-MP3-Player-Expandable/dp/B07VWK4FP3/

speachy:

--- Quote from: Tarik on September 20, 2021, 10:07:37 AM ---Hi, I just registered to ask you this. Does that mean that there's full Rockbox support for this device?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/High-Res-MP3-Player-Expandable/dp/B07VWK4FP3/

--- End quote ---

Yep.

fennectech:
I bought a surfans F20 on eBay for 70 bucks with some gnarly cosmetic issues but supposedly fully functional.    Will the Bluetooth work in Rockbox?   If i could grab any info for it like looking up the bt chip part number id be glad to if getting it apart isnt a total bitch.

dconrad:

--- Quote from: fennectech on January 04, 2022, 02:00:47 PM ---I bought a surfans F20 on eBay for 70 bucks with some gnarly cosmetic issues but supposedly fully functional.    Will the Bluetooth work in Rockbox?   If i could grab any info for it like looking up the bt chip part number id be glad to if getting it apart isnt a total bitch.

--- End quote ---

Rockbox doesn't have any bluetooth functionality on any device yet - I understand it's been a "someday" project for a while. I had mine apart as well and there was a metal shield around the bluetooth module that I wasn't able to get off, so if you could manage to do that it would probably help a lot.

I have the pictures I took linked somewhere earlier in this thread if you want to take a look at how it comes apart, assuming the Surfans is anything like the Hifi Walker version. I just kind of pried my way in, but I think the way to do it without damage would be to take the screen protector off and there should be 2 screws under there that hold the back on, then the back cover should just pop out with a little effort. Just be a little careful, as the bluetooth antenna and battery are both attached to the back.

amachronic:
To elaborate a little, what's missing for Bluetooth on the hosted port is a UI and all the 'glue' code to actually push out audio. It might be quite a bit of work but assuming it all goes through normal Linux/ALSA/BlueZ APIs, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

The native port is a different story - we'd need a Bluetooth stack, which probably means porting BlueZ, and drivers for the BT hardware, most likely by porting Linux drivers, in addition to all that front-end UI and glue code. IMHO that's probably not worth the effort - it would be easier and more useful to port a mainline Linux kernel and build our own userspace to run Rockbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version