Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (2/53) > >>

speachy:

--- Quote from: fossphile on October 09, 2020, 10:26:30 PM ---I am very interested in the digital spdif audio output feature :). Might spdif be got working in rockbox? Whats this special usb cable needed for spdif output? Can the player be charged/externally powered while using spdif output?

--- End quote ---

I don't see any references to these devices having a built-in sp/dif output.  If you're talking about using something that attaches via the USB port, if the player already has the necessary drivers built-in, then rockbox should be able to utilize it.   If the drivers aren't built-in, then there's nothing we can do -- We have no source code for these or any of the other Ingenic+Hiby-based players so are not in a position to be able to update or compile any kernel-level code.   (In violation of the GPL, not that anyone here has standing to enforce it.  Bleh.)

As for simultaneously charging while using the device as a USB host -- if the player has a properly-implemented USB-C port, then yes, it is possible.  If it only has micro-usb, then no.

ddscentral:
For kernel code, I'm pretty sure Hiby OS uses a variant of X1000 reference kernel which is available from Ingenic. Which one can be approximately determined by the compilation date. Reference kernel cannot be directly used to replace device's stock kernel but it should be enough to build additional modules.

speachy:

--- Quote from: ddscentral on October 10, 2020, 12:16:35 PM ---For kernel code, I'm pretty sure Hiby OS uses a variant of X1000 reference kernel which is available from Ingenic. Which one can be approximately determined by the compilation date. Reference kernel cannot be directly used to replace device's stock kernel but it should be enough to build additional modules.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's a "variant" -- with mostly unknown changes.  We don't even have the kernel .config file, and there are half a bajillion options that would affect the final binary ABI.

This is not a path I have any intention of undertaking.    IMO that time is far better spent making a native Rockbox port to this platform instead.

ddscentral:
Completely forgot about that.
I wouldn't bother with kernel without a config file either, especially on embedded platforms.
Some firmware developers do leave /proc/config.gz enabled, but that's not the case with hiby.

fossphile:

--- Quote from: speachy on October 10, 2020, 08:02:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: fossphile on October 09, 2020, 10:26:30 PM ---I am very interested in the digital spdif audio output feature :). Might spdif be got working in rockbox? Whats this special usb cable needed for spdif output? Can the player be charged/externally powered while using spdif output?

--- End quote ---

I don't see any references to these devices having a built-in sp/dif output.  If you're talking about using something that attaches via the USB port, if the player already has the necessary drivers built-in, then rockbox should be able to utilize it.   If the drivers aren't built-in, then there's nothing we can do -- We have no source code for these or any of the other Ingenic+Hiby-based players so are not in a position to be able to update or compile any kernel-level code.   (In violation of the GPL, not that anyone here has standing to enforce it.  Bleh.)

As for simultaneously charging while using the device as a USB host -- if the player has a properly-implemented USB-C port, then yes, it is possible.  If it only has micro-usb, then no.

--- End quote ---

Handy to know about charging while in usb host mode hopeful will work with usb-c :). i guess its too early to know for sure/ask if that the case with these players?

As ever great shame to here about gpl violations :(. Fiio seam to publish the source code what gpl software they mod/use :). Do they miss anything out? I had wondered. If so i guess there a better brand to buy players from for potently future rockbox support if the hardware is compatible?

By spdif i was taking a guess that was want they meant by digital output over usb port??

--- Quote ---Digital (optical) audio output supported. USB-digital output adapter needed (not included).
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version