Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (50/52) > >>

mrsubway:

--- Quote from: chancerlane on June 11, 2023, 11:41:43 PM ---Hi, so this is my first time installing rockbox on anything. I have the HIFI Walker H2 1.5 Firmware. Everything has been going smoothly until I try and use the .upt file after using the Utility Tool. I run the update and get "v_v Failed" Everytime I try and run the update any help?
[/quote

Does your firmware say 1.5 or something like 1.51 or 1.5 beta?

Mine came with something like 1.51 or something like that.

If that's the case, you have to downgrade to 1.5 first.  Here is a copy from my Dropbox.  You'll flash this first.  Then try the Rockbox 1.5 upt.

This is stock 1.5.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgt0khpijw91e1v/update.upt?dl=0
--- End quote ---

chancerlane:
I got Rockbox installed and have been using it for a week now but I'm having a problem with the Database, every time I add new music to my SD Card I have to not just update it (Auto Update doesn't work.) but initialize it and then hard reboot it. Every single time. Is there any way to stream line this or am I just gonna have to use the File Viewer instead?

mrsubway:

--- Quote from: chancerlane on June 17, 2023, 08:38:03 PM ---I got Rockbox installed and have been using it for a week now but I'm having a problem with the Database, every time I add new music to my SD Card I have to not just update it (Auto Update doesn't work.) but initialize it and then hard reboot it. Every single time. Is there any way to stream line this or am I just gonna have to use the File Viewer instead?

--- End quote ---

I don't use it because it keeps crashing.

I actually don't understand its purpose.  File browsing is fine for me.

chris_s:
There's some tips in the Wiki for troubleshooting database issues: https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DataBase . It may be choking on a specific file.

As an almost exclusive user of the database, initializing the database works reliably, in my experience. The update function, on the other hand, I try not to use. Never quite worked the way I expected it to, but haven't looked into it any closer than that.

Roboturner913:
I got an H2 about a week ago and it took some trial and error, but I've finally got Rockbox installed and working great. Wow, what a cool little player this is now! Finally a worthy replacement to my Clip+ (which I still use, all the time, but it's showing its age with sticking buttons and such).

Anyway, much appreciation to everybody who worked on this port! It's amazing. I think I might even buy a second one so I have a backup. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version