Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (27/30) > >>

dconrad:
I would guess the Hifiwalker units are getting the same changes as the F20 - or at least I would hope so. Can we not use usbboot and the (native) bootloader to dump the flash contents?

Oscar:

--- Quote from: dconrad on August 04, 2022, 10:06:15 AM ---I would guess the Hifiwalker units are getting the same changes as the F20 - or at least I would hope so. Can we not use usbboot and the (native) bootloader to dump the flash contents?

--- End quote ---
I took the chance and ordered a Hifi Walker H2 from Amazon.de. And yes, I like the rounder edges and the feel of the device much over the Surfans F20.
Of course I've got a device with firmware 1.4. The "normal" bootloader "bootloader.erosq" gives the same "NAND open error" as on the v 2.7 of the Surfans. So, I tried "bootloader-v7.erosq" from the thread https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,54228.0.html. And guess what, it works. They seem to have the same updated hardware.
Before installing the new bootloader, I have made a backup of the original bootloader, the original firmware, and made a flash dump of the original flash. Are these backups helpful for creating a new hosted port of Rockbox? How can I share them?

seebop:

--- Quote from: Oscar on August 05, 2022, 10:38:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: dconrad on August 04, 2022, 10:06:15 AM ---I would guess the Hifiwalker units are getting the same changes as the F20 - or at least I would hope so. Can we not use usbboot and the (native) bootloader to dump the flash contents?

--- End quote ---
I took the chance and ordered a Hifi Walker H2 from Amazon.de. And yes, I like the rounder edges and the feel of the device much over the Surfans F20.
Of course I've got a device with firmware 1.4. The "normal" bootloader "bootloader.erosq" gives the same "NAND open error" as on the v 2.7 of the Surfans. So, I tried "bootloader-v7.erosq" from the thread https://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,54228.0.html. And guess what, it works. They seem to have the same updated hardware.
Before installing the new bootloader, I have made a backup of the original bootloader, the original firmware, and made a flash dump of the original flash. Are these backups helpful for creating a new hosted port of Rockbox? How can I share them?

--- End quote ---

Good to know. So i guess that means line out doesn't work either just like it doesn't on the F20?

I think I might end up spending a little bit more and going for the xduoo x3ii which should be more straightforward..

dconrad:

--- Quote from: Oscar on August 05, 2022, 10:38:08 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

These backups would definitely be useful - if you want to zip them up and put them up on dropbox or your filesharing service of choice. I believe we should be able to create a hosted update image from them, and possibly (if I or someone can find the time) work through it and figure out the hardware changes for the native port.

Oscar:

--- Quote from: dconrad on August 15, 2022, 12:12:20 PM ---These backups would definitely be useful - if you want to zip them up and put them up on dropbox or your filesharing service of choice.

--- End quote ---
Okay, you can download the backup here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version