Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (26/27) > >>

kaas:
My line out is currently not working, using the hosted port. Amachronic is kindly helping with getting the native port running on my 2.7-shipped device in this thread, so you could wait for the outcome of that.

twotoneblue:
Very interesting! Thanks @kaas - I'll follow the other thread with a keen eye, and can help out with any confirmations if data from a second unit is needed!  ;D

seebop:

--- Quote from: JoeH2 on May 27, 2022, 05:45:57 PM ---I recently got a new "HiFi Walker H2".
Unfortunately the installed Firmware Version is 1.4 and installing Rockbox was not working.
I tried to install using Rockbox Utility.
Auto recognition failed, so i selected "HiFi Walker H2 1.3+"
SD content looks ok.

When running Firmware Update from the stock firmware, output is:

"Updater V1.1
v_v File error"

and then:
"v_v Failed"

:'(

BTW: There is a video on YT where someone opens a Aigo Eros, but the PCB looks very different to the one of dconrad.
The PCB there has to marking "QII_V2_20190523".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPH3Trj3P00

--- End quote ---

Hey all, so I've been looking for something to replace my dead Sansa and these look like the best bang for the buck.
I'm leaning towards the Hifiwalker H2 because I much prefer the black color and the rounded corners but the post above has me worried. Does that mean there's no way to install RB on the new versions with 1.4 firmware? Or is there a way to downgrade to 1.3 before installing RB? If not is it likely to be possible in the near future?
Thanks

speachy:
As hifiwalker doesn't provide newer firmware images for download, we don't ahve anything to work with.  We'd have to open up the player to attach a serial console, and extract the flash contents directly.  I had to do this with a v1.3 player, I expect v1.4 is the same, assuming they didn't make any significant hardware changes..

seebop:
Well that sucks :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version