Rockbox Development > New Ports

AIGO EROS Q / AIGO EROS K / IRULU Surfans F20 / AGPTek H3 / HIFI WALKER H2

<< < (24/27) > >>

dconrad:
Yep, I can confirm I have .flac files with Tag 2, type Vorbis, where the embedded album art works. the picture type is "Cover (front)", Mimetype image/jpeg, and text encoding ISO-8859-1. I did rename the cover.jpg in the same folder to bak_c_over.jpg too, because I'm not sure what the filename matching requirements are for that.

I should add, these are all FLACs I've downloaded from bandcamp, but I have a script which ensures the album art is suitable for RB using kid3 and imagemagick - all it does is extracts it, converts to baseline jpeg, and rescales it to 700x700, then re-embeds it.

Falco98:

--- Quote from: dconrad on May 24, 2022, 03:09:36 PM ---Yep, I can confirm I have .flac files with Tag 2, type Vorbis, where the embedded album art works. the picture type is "Cover (front)", Mimetype image/jpeg, and text encoding ISO-8859-1. I did rename the cover.jpg in the same folder to bak_c_over.jpg too, because I'm not sure what the filename matching requirements are for that.

--- End quote ---
Thanks - it turns out the one FLAC album I'd tried had cover art files in the directory so I assumed it was using those.  I just deleted the files and re-tested and it does seem to pick up the embedded art.  Given that, I wonder why it doesn't work yet for Ogg Vorbis files... after all, FLAC files use *vorbis* comments, lol.

Edit: to add to the confusion a bit, current versions of the manual seem to indicate that vorbiscomment embedded album art still shouldn't work: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-fiiom3k/rockbox-buildap2.html#x18-428000B.2

JoeH2:
I recently got a new "HiFi Walker H2".
Unfortunately the installed Firmware Version is 1.4 and installing Rockbox was not working.
I tried to install using Rockbox Utility.
Auto recognition failed, so i selected "HiFi Walker H2 1.3+"
SD content looks ok.

When running Firmware Update from the stock firmware, output is:

"Updater V1.1
v_v File error"

and then:
"v_v Failed"

:'(

BTW: There is a video on YT where someone opens a Aigo Eros, but the PCB looks very different to the one of dconrad.
The PCB there has to marking "QII_V2_20190523".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPH3Trj3P00

azndante:
I also got the Surfans F20 with V2.7 firmware loaded on it. Even though I can downgrade with the pre-patched V2.5 hosted-port firmware, the line-out port stopped working for me. Going back to V2.7 firmware got the line-out port again. I bought the player for the line-out port, so I will have to stay with the official firmware until the pre-patched firmware is available. I haven't tested if any other functionality stopped working using an older firmware yet.

7o9:

--- Quote from: JoeH2 on May 27, 2022, 05:45:57 PM ---BTW: There is a video on YT where someone opens a Aigo Eros, but the PCB looks very different to the one of dconrad.
The PCB there has to marking "QII_V2_20190523".

--- End quote ---

By that marking, it sounds like a Qii, for which the wiki says 'NOTE: The EROS Qii uses a very different internal platform internally, and is *not supported.*': https://www.rockbox.org/wiki/AIGOErosQK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version