Rockbox Development > Starting Development and Compiling

iPodPatcher for 6th gen.

(1/2) > >>

sunrize777:
I am not sure if this is the correct section in the forum for this sort of question so please tell me if i am in the wrong section :)

I am looking for the iPodpatcher for the iPod 6th gen or whatever is used to patch the Rockbox bootloader to the iPod 6th gen. i am looking for the iPodPatcher to try and patch iPodLinux to the iPod 6th gen. Please can anybody provide me with this iPodPatcher or tell me where i can find the application that patches the Bootloader of Rockbox to the iPod 6th gen?

Thanks in advance :).

saratoga:
Ipodlinux doesn't run the 6g.

sunrize777:

--- Quote from: saratoga on August 28, 2020, 07:33:01 PM ---Ipodlinux doesn't run the 6g.

--- End quote ---
I am aware of that saratoga, however i would like to try and implement it myself on the iPod 6g

Could you please provide me with the iPodPatcher you used to recognise the DFU device (AKA: iPod) and install rockbox through that?
I think I could retrive the lines of code and implement it onto iPodLinux through your application?

My main question however is could you provide with an iPod patcher for the iPod 6th gen?

__builtin:
We have a bootloader installer called mks5lboot located in our main source tree.

saratoga:

--- Quote from: sunrize777 on August 29, 2020, 09:54:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: saratoga on August 28, 2020, 07:33:01 PM ---Ipodlinux doesn't run the 6g.

--- End quote ---
I am aware of that saratoga, however i would like to try and implement it myself on the iPod 6g

--- End quote ---

All of the source code for patching the 6g is in our git, but realistically this is not something you will be able to do yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version