Rockbox Development > New Ports

Pocket Go

<< < (3/4) > >>

saratoga:
Metadata is handled before the codec loads so that things like the database can work without having to load and unload the codecs thousands of times. In this case it does sound like either the codecs can't be found or they're not being built right for your device.

miner49er:

--- Quote from: saratoga on July 11, 2020, 02:44:23 PM ---Metadata is handled before the codec loads so that things like the database can work without having to load and unload the codecs thousands of times. In this case it does sound like either the codecs can't be found or they're not being built right for your device.

--- End quote ---

The files didn't show up when I had the directory structure incorrect (codec files not in the right place), so the fact they are showing up would suggest to me that theya re being found. Do you think I'm correct with that assumption? If so, then it must be they are not being build correctly.

My Makefile is setup like this:

export HOSTCC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
export HOSTAR=/usr/bin/ar
export CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
export CPP=$(CROSS_COMPILE)g++
export LD=/usr/bin/ld

...I've just noticed that HOSTAR and LD are not using the cross-compiler - could this be the problem?

EDIT: I fixed that...still not loading codecs or rocks :-(

miner49er:
Hi again (please answer somebody!)

I think the codecs and rocks aren't being built using the right compiler.

I have 'fixed' (inverted commas because it doesn't work!) by changing ARCH/ARCH_VERSION to:

export ARCH=arch_arm
export ARCH_VERSION=9

I figured this because the CPU in the pocket go is described as "The F1C100s platform is based on ARM9 CPU"

Problem is, I'm now getting this upon compilation:

.../asm/arm/memset16.S:62: Error: bad instruction `ldrpc cond=eq'

I feel like I'm getting closer...but maybe this is one barrier I won't be able to get over without some help..hint hint :-)

saratoga:
The ARM9 processors are either arm version 4 or 5, so picking 4 would be most safe if you aren't sure what CPU you have. However, you need to build the codecs with the same tool chain as the rest of the build, so use whatever you set for the main binary.

miner49er:
Everything is building apart from ASM stuff and it's using the correct compiler - previously the codecs and rocks were building with the wrong compiler, hence the main application building but then not running codecs or rocks.

I get this now:

/home/miner49er/src/rockbox_fromgit/rockbox/firmware/asm/arm/memset16.S: Assembler messages:
/home/miner49er/src/rockbox_fromgit/rockbox/firmware/asm/arm/memset16.S:63: Error: bad instruction `ldrpc cond=eq'
make: *** [/home/miner49er/src/rockbox_fromgit/rockbox/tools/root.make:447: /home/miner49er/src/rockbox_fromgit/rockbox/build_pocketgo/firmware/asm/arm/memset16.o] Error 1

So, for some reason it's get the ldrp command and falls over. I'm guessing a different memset is being coded in ASM for speed? I wonder if there's a flag to use the regular C memset? I'm a bit out of my depth at this point to be honest!

EDIT: I have it building fully now - I hadn't ARCH and ARCH_VERSION correctly
EDIT(AGAIN): ...but still those damn codecs aren't loading!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version